Title: Senior Enterprise Data Architect
Location: Auburn Hills, MI.
Benefits Offered: Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Contractor
Purpose of Role/Organizational Unit: The Senior Enterprise Data Architect will be responsible for designing and implementing solutions within Analytics and Big Data Management software and hardware to meet request of the business. Ideal person should be able to create data solutions leveraging Data Lake, MDM and DW technologies. This role will work under the direct leadership of the Senior Manager for Enterprise Data Architecture. Knowledge of industry wide used Business Intelligence Software and Data Integration Management technologies are required.
Functions Performed: This individual may be asked to solely perform these functions or may choose to delegate some of these functions to other member of their team, per agreement with the Senior Manager for Enterprise Data Architecture. Ultimately, responsibility for ensuring that the functions are performed rests with this position.
• Proven track record of success in implementations with Master Data Management, Data Lake, Business Intelligence and DW architecture.
• Develops and implements business intelligence solutions for accessing and analyzing data and meta data.
• Experience in Enterprise DataWarehouse, Data Mart, ODS architectures
• Expertise in data modeling in star, snowflake and other dimensional modeling
• Experience in architecting and developing Database solutions both in OLAP and OLTP technologies.
• Experience in data lake architecture especially Cloudera platform.
• Extensive experience in architecting, data modeling, design, development, data migration and data integration aspects of SDLC.
• Participate and/or lead in design sessions, demos and prototype sessions, testing and training workshops with business users and other IT associates
• Develop documentation and maintain as needed
• Supports business projects by providing SME knowledge to project teams in the areas of Enterprise Data Management
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently, consistently and meet deadlines
• Strong business/technical oral and written communication skills
• Experience creating metrics and dashboard analytics
• Strong working knowledge of different types of analysis tools, techniques and
• Demonstrated analytical ability and creativity in developing and implementing plans and solutions for complex problems on medium size projects
• Strong SQL skills
• 10+ years of IT experience in developing solutions via various Business Intelligence suites of reporting and developer products
• Strong experience in Business Intelligence design and data modeling techniques
• Strong experience in Business Intelligence report and dashboard development
Application and Data Management:
• 10+ years of Application, Data Warehouse and Master Data Management environment:
• IBM InfoSphere, Informatica and Oracle products
• Experience with ETL design – workflows, mappings, testing, etc.
• Experience with data modeling
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Any applicant who is interested in this position may apply to the following individual for consideration: