Title: Software Developer - Business Intelligence
Location: Rochester Hills, MI.
Vision, Medical, Life, Dental, 401K
Employment Type: Contractor
Role Title: Senior BI Developer
Purpose of Role/Organizational Unit: This organizational unit is responsible for managing the operational services delivery of the various elements of the Data Integration and Infrastructure. In this capacity, this Senior BI Developer role is responsible for analysis of existing DW data model, prepare fit gap analysis between DW and source transactional system and developing ETL code using PowerCenter v8 to populate the DW with missing data.
This individual will be responsible to perform these tasks independently as well as with the other members of the team to coordinate the completion of new and ongoing tasks.
• Experience in data fit gap analysis between 3rd normal form and dimensional models
• Experience in modeling and documentation of data elements within Data Warehouse environment
• Developing ETL code within Informatica Powercenter to capture missing data elements.
• Understanding configuration dependencies and interrelationships between Informatica and other data sources & designs, and troubleshoots in the area with this knowledge
• Developing new Informatica mappings and workflows based on ETL standards and specifications
• Participating in the design of new or changing mappings and workflows and produce technical specifications
• Participating in problem solving and troubleshooting for the applications implemented with Informatica
• Documenting all new and modified mappings according to standards as part of the Data Operations documentation
• Expertise in data warehousing and modeling
• Expertise in Informatica PowerCenter
• Data modeling and data mapping design experience
• Experience in PL/SQL and conversion of PL/SQL into Informatica
• Familiar with Perl and Unix Scripting
• Knowledge of information flow, content issues, and transformation of business requirements into Informatica Mappings
• Very Strong Oracle (9/10/11g) database development skill
• TOAD, SQL Navigator or similar tool
• Demonstrated technical design skills
• Familiar with project delivery cycles
• 7 years experience or Masters and 5 years in Data tools architecture and design
• 5 years experience in Informatica ETL development and design with PowerCenter
• Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• Master Degree is preferred.
Any applicant who is interested in this position may apply to the following individual for consideration: